Thursday, May 15, 2014

Linkedin Networking

Hello!
Another tool to make Networking is the social network, Linkedin. Unlike Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, this social network is basically constituted by professionals that seek to promote their professional achievements and the activities they do. The type of comments that are posted in this network have to do with job trends, events, education, among others.
I become a Linkedin member some years ago, but haven't make much progress on it, first because I wasn't informed about its use, and second because the insecurity made me get out of some of my social networks. Now I can tell that the insecurity issues can be limited in this virtual world, just have your security issues well known.
About one year ago, I reactivated my accounts, and payed much more attention to Linkedin about six months ago. In my research, I discover that the people that use this social network conforms 3 different groups:
a) Human Resources people, recruiting and posting job offers.
b) People searching for a job or a switch on their careers.
c) People offering services like training or consulting, directly linked with the other two groups.
Each individual can have a lot of contacts among his web, the interesting side is to choose wisely which people is suited to be in contact with you. If your intention is to look for some job opportunities, you may want to have contact with some HR recruiters.
If you want to have networking contacts, in the search of new business opportunities, maybe at another country, then the recommendation is that first you look for a direct contact on the city you like to make business and then start your search.
A day ago, one of my students asked me to contact him with a friend of mine that lives in the United States, he was looking for a contact at a specific city and I think he didn't know anyone over there. Then another advantage arose, when you don't know directly someone that you're interested to contact, Linkedin review your contact web and relate to other contacts you may have in common, as my student realize he and my friend had me in common.
Finally, this network also allows you ask to your contacts that recommend your posts, review and check your skills, and also you can apply directly to specific job positions that are suited for your professional profile. The final reflection is, take advantage of the networking to improve your personal contacts, having global acquaintances always be a competitive advantage for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment