Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Daily Networking

Hello!
The last week I had to do job outside my office, and I haven't programmed it in advance. So the lunch time came and I wasn't sure where to go. The first thing I did was asking some of the people that was with me, where they like to eat around the office. A lot of people made me some recommendations, and 2 of them agreed on the same options, so I headed to that place.
On the big cities, you can always find some little spaces or fast food carts, that generally had very good record with the surrounding people. The place was a restaurant of sandwiches, salads and juices, "Jugos Don Lalo". Walking I arrive to the place, alone, so I sit beside the bar and start watching the place.
It was not different from other many places, although the woman that was attending was a charm, and she looked as enjoying the experience of dealing with the customers. Almost each customer treated her by her name, and she offered recommendations on the "today specials", what was "best" or "fresher" that day, and also she give advice on the better choices for their special needs: if on a diet, salad; if starving, a sandwich and juice.
Each of her conversations was like making Networking, she really related to her clients and they to her. When the volume of customers reduced, I start to ask her questions on the business like, since when the business opened, schedule, what were the business advantages, how did she related to her boss, her peers. She keep answering.
Imelda y yo en sandwiches y jugos
Imelda and Me at "Jugos Don Lalo"
At the end of our chat, I told her about this proyect, and ask her if she allow me to take her picture to include it on this story, she obviously said yes and also participated on the picture framing, she wanted that the restaurant show its best face. We also exchange our facebook accounts and promise to keep in touch.

So here are Imelda's recomendations for Networking:
1.- You can't buy trust, you should work each day to earn the trust of our neighbors.
2.- It doesn't matter if your language is Spanish, English, German or French, if you can say Sandwich and Coke, the people will understand.
3.- If you have to work with people, make your work worth the difference, you can always get a new friend or a new contact, working in good terms is always more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment