Friday, May 23, 2014

Big Brother and Networking

Hello!
Now that I'm making some experiments with this virtual presence called Blog, I've reached some peers from my office and friends (closer and farther) that have their own opinions about what I'm writing. First of all, I'd like to thank all the people that have visited this Blog for the reason they had, specially those who had the time to read my content, for your effort, thank you!
On the other side I'd like to tell you something related to Big Brother, this means that when people is watching you, and you do not have any idea that they are observing. Sometimes they are acquaintances or friends that have told me: "I've read your blog", and then they give me some feedback, outside the virtual space. Also I've realized that there are some other people that I have not had the pleasure to meet and that have taken the time to share with me their own proposals.
Let me tell you some of my reflections, when one is introduced in this communication virtual spaces, has to always remember that the information that is shared, is public, it means that anyone with internet and a browser could find the information you are sharing.
I can always understand that my friends have found my information, I shared it through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and Linkedin, it should be expected. But when the remote readers appear, people with whom I have never had contact, the issue is some kind different, is like I was trying to explain, Big Brother but global.
BigBrother
Big Brother Publicity in Australia

Nowadays I have some followers on Twitter that I have not been able to identify, each of them following me until the blog appeared. Some other followers have subscribed specifically to the blog (thanks a lot) and which I hope to have sooner or later some virtual contact. The reflection I want to share with you with this information is:
1.- Everything you publish on internet, could be reviewed by anybody, so take care on the format, the content and the information you want to share.
2.- Remember that your family, friends and acquaintances, could be related in your publishing process, if you are worried that they get some attention, do not mention them.
3.- Seize the advantages of the distance and the virtuality, I've always taught that we can meet a lot of people in this world, with similar or different points of view, but they can provide to our lives new knowledge, get the best on this type of spaces to improve your networking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment