Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Asking for help

Hello!
A basic element that has to be developed on the Networking process, is the help or support that is asked from your acquaintances. It's an elegant way to say it, but for many people, asking for a favor is something really complicated.
Lets start with a person needing something, regularly she wants to solve it by her own mean, if this need can be "bought" at a convenient price, maybe its for the best that she acquire the object or the service and solve this need. But sometimes its about information, she doesn't know how much this service is worth or maybe its a product that is not on sale. The question is, ¿How can I solve this situation? ¿With whom I have to go to learn what to do?
In my personal case, I have technological lagoons pretty big, the simple fact that I'm writing this Blog has been a learning and knowledge case. For this purpose, I had a need, then I went on by trying to solve it, I assumed that if many people had Blogs, it was going to be an experiential learning, as you can see, I haven't known any thing about it, and I'm still learning.
I also like to make things well done, so I went to some friends I had and that were experts on social networks, public media, blogs, etc. I got the help from 2 of them, one specially related to the blog, and the other on promotion in Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, as you may see this blog hasn't went viral, because I'm still on my Beta version (this was my first learning).
Their advice hasn't finished, and maybe I'll need the help from other friends too, so with my writing I'm engaging them to continue supporting me. But I'll share with you some reflections that regarding networking can be done to ask for help.
1.- I always assume that the people has good heart and willing to help. So I go with them with a very specific question, for example: I'm writing a Blog, and I need the help from someone expert, ¿Can you help me?
2.- Try to be extremely specific when asking for help, do not take other people time, if the advice is not working or you're not understanding, it's better that you make some more research and then get back, your friend will be thankful that you don't take away his time.
3.- Don't try to learn everything in only one session, it's going to be nearly impossible that you end your advice in just 30 minutes, remember you're getting free help, don't get advantage on that.
The people like to be recognized on our skills, so your friends will be grateful if you recognize their expertise, try it the next time you have some new issue to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment