Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Seize the "Vehicle Restriction"



The environment contingency doesn't ends at Mexico City and I became a victim of the double vehicle restriction. This means that this week I have to leave my car parked in 2 different days of the week, and honestly, I complain, as many others, about this action.
This program is made to bring more air quality to the society and was implemented at Mexico City in the year 1989. In the beginning it was only for the winter season, but the next year it became a permanent action.
Only seven years later, the vehicles with catalytic converter, could "jump" the preventive action and a lot of people in this city decided to pay for upgrade their cars and also to assure that they could move freely every day of the week.
Now, because off the higher levels of pollution in the environment it became necessary to adapt a double measure, so the explanation is, with the regular action the 20% of the cars without catalytic converter were stopped. Now the double of vehicles are stopped and also the ones with catalytic converter. There are a lot of comments about if this actions work or not, but in the meantime, I hope the pollution levels decrease.

In a long term experience, this type of programs, eventually stop working, as I told you in the beginning of this post, its a matter of time when the people get used to buy better cars and less polluting, for example the hybrid or the electric. Bun until today we are far away from getting the better prices at the market and with products that provide the special services the people in this city needs.
So even if I have a lot of prejudgments, I'm about to find out for a bicycle with an electric engine so I can be sure that I can move freely between my house and office in a daily basis. I think this moment will provide networking opportunities and a lot of business for entrepreneurs, just imagine the huge transformation on the people movements, maybe we could do some business.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment