Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Burocracy Networking



Have you had experiences where the attending employees give you answers unbelievable? Unfortunately I have and it's not the best thing in the world, so I'm going to tell you about some activities that I have learnt on the time to not loose my temper and try to get some empathy from this attending people.
The last week I have an appointment at this office where I had an issue to solve. It was really important for me to get the agreements done and to get the follow up activities. With some days in advance I get the appointment and get on time to it.
My surprise was big, when I get to the place and they tell me that they forget to write down my date and the people that has to give me attention wasn't even there. You may imagine my frustration, furthermore my impotence because I really needed my procedure to be attended and without people and appointment I would hardly move on my resolution.

Moreover, the secretaries that were there at the moment, told me that if I could wait for 90minutes, an hour and a half, to see if their boss will get there and show me some attention. I almost yell at them in my annoyment, but I remember that the secretary was not the responsible that the lady was not there, so I have to comfort myself and think.
I just tell them that I have waited for 2 weeks to get the appointment and that it was really frustrating getting the news that they forget it. They ask me to call later so I could reschedule, and of course I get mad again, but I was in the networking mood and ask them: So you are telling me that I was annulled without announcement and now I have to call again to make an appointment? Can you get into your boss's attention what she have done to me and ask her to send me the new appointment?
The secretaries told me that they will do it, but of course, at the end of the day I haven't received my new option, neither a message from the lady that let me down. I wasn't in the mood to ask for a new meeting, and I started to worry, what if I asked for another one and once again they forget to write it down?
The next day I just came into the office, without appointment and until there I haven't presented my true me, I haven't made any anger performance, so when the lady that I have to meet saw me, she apologized and make sure that in that moment she give to me the information I need, so without a new appointment, without an email, and more important without an anger performance the things just happened.
Now I can give you some advise for this type of misunderstandings:
1.- If you have some inconvenient regarding a transaction, and the people you have to address are not responsible for the inconvenience, avoid claiming to them the poor attention. In many occasions it's not the people that is in front of you the one that make a bad decision, do not make them feel bad, it's better that you make them think on how they can help you.
2.- Think really well what you are going to claim, it's better that you ask questions to the people than giving a bad treatment. Sometimes a question make the people to think what is happening to you and the probably do an effort to give you an answer, if you appeal directly maybe they will put a guard and do not  move forward.
3.- If you can, do not claim the people that make the mistake, it is possible that it was without intention. If this is the case, they will probably feel bad to give you that bad service and want to make it better for you by helping with some other aspects.
Have you had some incidents like mine? How do you solve them? Tell us...

No comments:

Post a Comment