Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Farewell Networking

I have to move to another city and now I have to say good bye to all my people. I have a lot of things going on my mind and I don't know where to start, so I'll use again my networking, for sure something good will arrise from here.
About a month ago I accepted a job offer in Mexico City, and I have to move quickly. First thing is the communication strategy, I have to tell my family, friends, family, peers, colleagues, among different people. Of course this experience have a lot of embeded emotions, some people just get really happy, but some others became happy-sad, but gladly everyone is likely to help.
reunion familiar
Family Reunion
First I have to announce our change to my family, some of them live in Mexico City, so they help me find apartment, schools, services. This is an advantage that I shall not pass now that I have changed cities. I take advantage that my family reunited to my cousin's wedding, so we have some party days that became very useful for this purpose.
Maru, Elsa y yo
Elsa and Maru
Then I communicate to my local friends I have several groups that have regular meetings and they wanted to know the information and also to plan a farewell reunion. I made everything in my schedule to get together with almost everyone. I could manage a little road trip with a couple of friends. It was a beautiful experience and I also buy some stuff for my new life.

My family also had some personal meetings, and because this kind of friends do not get lost, it's important to close circles to get ready to open some more. It became a colaboration and cooperation cicle among us just to get our schedules ready to fullfill our comitments. It's important to mention that my kids get some really beautiful friendship tokens, like a surprise farewell, that involved a lot of logistics for all my family.
Magda y Sandra
Magda and Sandra
Some social media that became important in this process was the telephone, facebook and whatsapp. The answer of our family and friends was amazing and I still keep saying goodbye, and making networking now contacting my friends and family from this city.


So I share some recommendations to follow when you plan to move from cities:

a) Try to send the information with some time in advance, it will help the people to contact you and give some advice on moving or getting in.
b) Take time to say goodbye to your friends, while making some activitie that you need to do, maybe you can save some time, the really important thing is that you get your friends involved.
c) Help other people to say goodbye to your love ones, it will support your strategy and liberate some time for the people that is leaving and need all the time and friendship available.

No comments:

Post a Comment