Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Krystal and Adriana

Adriana & Krystal
Kindergarden, basic, junior high, high school, languages, undergraduate, graduate, now what's next? You  have made all that you "should" and... now? It was something that has been hunting me for the past 9 months. I was looking for something that fulfill my interests, that make me happy, but I didn't know what I needed, ergo I don't know how to ask for it.
(Krystal Castro's Story)
I had a friend that was my confident about my food story, she send me a whatsapp and in a hurry se told me that I had to turn on the radio and listen to Adriana Esteva. My friend, as everyone who listen to her, dive into concentration, peace and full attention, because it's so moving what she says and the way her words fit into your own story, the astonishment is that you aren't able to blink. My friend was so influenced that she ask me to go with her and meet Adriana in person. She has a couple of workshops, so my friend again become my confident in our search of diets, pills, creams, belts and scales.
I start my research about Adriana. So I Googled her and found her internet website. I realized she had a book, obviously I went to the bookstore and buy it.
Cuando la comida calla mis sentimientos
I start reading "Cuando la comida calla mis sentimientos" (When the food silences my feelings) a tuesday on July. It was a stormy evening, but nothing stopped the momento, I had to read the book. Twelve hours took me the reading and I couldn't stop reflecting myself on that pages, I had never read a book in that fast way and with that comitment. Adriana has this way to place all my feelings at different times of my life, she could put into words some emotions I couldn't describe and that I had never relate to my nutrition. After this amazing finding, I searched on the social networks, I started following her in Facebook, I had this curiosity to know what else she had to share.
The next day, she posted that she was going to have another radio program, so I tunned her and the magic started. She has this enchantment way when she talks and her words bring me a lot of light, at the end of her program she pronounced a act: "Whatever I decide is what I need and its going to bring me light". I really believe on her words and continously I repeated it without knowing what it was going to trigger. 
5 minutes later, Adriana posted on Facebook: "I need an assistant, please inbox". I write to her and started sharing about my wounds, this is not a way to ask for a job. Her answer was simple, clear, direct: Can you meet with me at the coffee shop in Altavista? I didn't know where it was, Mexico city is huge, but I was determined to find that place.
Post en Facebook
Post en Facebook
Thursday was the day we meet face to face. I arrived sharply at our appointment, but my internal egos started the boicot: "For sure you are going to meet your serial assasin". "As soon as she look at you and see you that fat, she is not going to hire you, like your other jobs" "My family won't agree about this job". It was a cosmic, wonderful, enlightning encouter, my demons just went down. The mintue I started to share my personal and professional life we realized that in this mission we had a lot of things to share, so Adriana choose me to help her on this process.

Our adventure officialy started on friday, the same week I went to the workshop "Comiendome mis emociones" (Eating my feelings). I like that everyone could had this experience, it fulfilled my soul with so many emotions, and above everything I stopped looking for answers outside me, today I have a lot of planns and activities, I'm renewed to share this healing sinergy for every one with eating disorders. I hope that a lot of people had the opportunity to meet Adriana and start this wonderful process.
(Recommendations by Ana María Zermeño):
a) Any oportunity to relate with other people allows you to open doors in different aspects, don't let your emotions control your networking skills.
b) Let your personallity flow, your experiences and your knowledge will introduce you as a warmth human being with a lot of clearness on its interactions.
c) Cheer you up and search for jobs in different sites, at any moment you could find interesting opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment