Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Team Networking

Soccer match at 5:00pm, at the end of the city, my kids are at school and I can't get out of the office, what should I do?, Easy: Networking.
At the beginning of the academic year, my kids chose to participate with the Soccer team, that means I should take them to every match they had. This make me realize that the logistics needed where from easy to top notch, thanks to many new developed skills, today mom's are really good planners, so I can tell you about my experience.
Once the team was registered, Lucy organized a whats app group, she send out the information on the kids and moms. Then it was easy to cover the "meal" for each match, just follow the list, and when it ended, we started again.
When the tournaments begin, the school sent the location, and we realized that some of the courts were far far far away, and for some of us it will be difficult to take the kids to each match. Then Zazyl bring out the idea to contact a bus company and we all agreed to rent the service. It was economic and ecologic and the kids had a lot of fun on their way to each match.
La "porra" oficial
Cheermoms
 When we met at each game to support the team, we became on the official "cheerleaders", before that no one of us will consider to participate in cheering, but for the kids, we do almost anything. The experience eventually became really fun for all of the "cheermoms".


One day I had a lot of office work, so I couldn't take my kids to the game, I just make  my petition to the universe (whats app group) and Martha answered that she could help me, furthermore she offered dinner to my son. Laura and Gaby organized birthday parties and of course the cheermoms and the kids went to Gotcha and Pool parties.
When Josefina said out loud, we should gather together just to chat, we went on to a restaurant, and had a lovely time for ourselves, without the kids or husbands. I will not share specific details, but just know that we had better bonding friendship.
Cenita futbolera
Soccer dinner
At the end of the season, we had in our year several, dinners, pool parties, games, business communications among other. Some of the kids change their after classes and leave the team, but the original cheermom group kept together.
So I share with you some things that I learnt with this original group:

1.- First, have a directory with all your friends information, coordinate and make a group in a social network and start communicating.
2.- As usual, see your friends with goodwill eye, if someone had a special request, support her, eventually this person could pay it forward to somebody else.
3.- Have fun, the goodwill friends (cheermoms) become experts in sharing news and tips and they are always a good source of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment