Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Convenience Networking

Hello!
A few days ago I stopped at a convenience store and when I get in, I recognized Adrian, a young man than I've met when promoting a Masters degree program. There has been a while since we last see each other and although he recognized my face, he wasn't sure from where.
Adrian has a very open personality and when you met him you realize that among other qualities, public relations is one of those. He has a pretty good touch when meeting people is needed. In fact when I approach him, he was speaking to the teller girl, that by the way was in trouble because the computer has no system at that moment, and he was trying to make her life a little less overwhelmed.
Adrian
Adrian

 Consider this, when we stop at a convenience store, we want to buy one or two articles go to the counter and get out in less than 5 minutes. Now you can imagine our situation, 3 customers waiting for the system and it was working slowly. Adrian applied his joyful personality in this situation and made us laugh. The teller and the other customers felt relaxed.
Getting into the point, when I recognized him, we start chatting, although we had about a year that we haven't talked. As I told you, when he saw me, he didn't remember my name, so directly he told me, your face I know it quite well, but from where we met? When I told him, we catch up on the rest of the students and friends we met a year ago. Before I leave the store, we had exchanged our email, facebook and twitter, we promised we will keep in touch.
So I share with you the recommendations to behave when we find people in a 5 minute basis:
1.- Seize the downtime to make networking, any place, any where, any time is perfect to connect with other people.
2.- If you do not remember someone reaching you, it doesn't matter, make as if you recognize her and then ask directly, from where I met you? Your new acquaintance will be thankful if you can relate friends or activities in common.
3.- Take it easy, make from each situation an opportunity, if you can have a great time, why don't you do it? If life gets you lemons, make lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment