Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A Networking Exercise



The last week, Nayeli Valdés, published on her Facebook Wall an interesting state. So I gave her a like mark and all of a sudden I became a part of a practical virtual joke and a challenge that she send to  me. The exercise needed me to write one of 10 different quotes or questions in my own Facebook Wall and waited for the reactions of my friends.
This assignment made me the happily receiver of different answers, some messages to my cellphone and some phone calls drawing my attention because I was telling a little too much.
The interesting part of this exercise is the amount of people that are willing to collaborate with you at a virtual environment. The question that I publish was: How to you get rid of feet fungus? And I received, links, recipes and house remedies that may or may not work. I have to thank to all the people that take a minute of their times and offer an answer. Also I have to share that I didn't put in practise any advise because I'm not suffering from fungus neither my kids, because they told me to write this disclaimer.

Also I have to share with you that there were some comments that allow people to continue with the joke and tell me to cut off my feet or use some type of muriatic acid. The moment delivered me some laughs and it made me think that sometimes we are more interested in other people lives that are on the web and at some point we are willing to share more on this sites than in person.
A friend of mine, that by the way is a doctor, gave me a complete course of action on what to do and how to behave if I want to get rid of them permanently. Being optimistic, I get a free advise. Another good friend, share a video just to make sure I understand the instructions. 
So my recommendations to make this networking exercise:
1.- Do not take personal the information you share or receive, just have fun.
2.- Review the answers you are offered, some could be good tips, like my doctor friend advise.
3.- If you want to do the same exercise among your virtual friends, just write to me on the blog and I can share the different phrases you could use to have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment