Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Birthday Blog



This month it's 1 year from me starting this Blog. I'm happy for a lot of different things but the most important one is that some of you happen to be following this adventure for a year. Thanks a lot.
I want to seize the opportunity to invite you to do a networking activity. The past week a friend of mine had his birthday and I congratulate him via Facebook, this is a tip for some of you that are inside this social network. Birthday's appear in a specific section on the front page, so if you look for it, you will find who's birthday is and then send this person a congratulation note. It's been pleasure to receive this type of messages once a year. Something small but the people usually thank the detail and then you may follow up with this friend.
As I explain,  my friend had his birthday and told me that we will be out for the week, so I challenged him to do the next activity. Because of the distance, been out your birthday may lead you to be by yourself, but this shouldn't be a problem, do some activities that may help you to have a very fun birthday.
hug a receptionist
Activity 1.- If your are out, probably you are at a hotel, so interact with the people that work in this place. Share with them that is your birthday, they may have a pleasant surprise for you. Tell the receptionist, the manager, the maitre, concierge or valet, for sure they can share with you some suggestions on what to do on your birthday.
Activity 2.- If you have a one day trip, or if you are not going to stay at a hotel, tell the taxi driver, or the clerk at the office, if you do not have this type of opportunity, tell the air attendant, the check in girl, maybe you receive a special treatment on your trip.
birthday girlActivity 3.- If you are those that want a hug, then your challenge will be more fun. Write down on a piece of paper "I'm the Birthday Girl" and hang it around your neck. Probably more than one person will hug you and send their best wishes.

Activity 4.- If you are a people person, you may auto merchandise your birthday in different ways, you may crown yourself, carry some birthday balloons, buy a birthday cake and share it. Each of this activities will get you closer to the hugging activity.
Some things that I have done, on my first assignment as a teacher, I told my students that my birthday was coming, I don't know how they made it, but they organized me a "twinky wonder" party. On other time, I was traveling by plane on my birthday and my travel partner told the flight attendant, I get 3 free drinks to celebrate. I always tell people when my birthday is because I love the hugs I get, it's kind of a battery recharge to me.
Today is my blog's birthday and a lot of people is out on vacation. Can you be kind enough and send me a virtual hug?

virtual hug

No comments:

Post a Comment