Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Keep in touch



You are visiting a city or a friend of yours came to visit, what do you do? How do you contact him?...
As I have told before, I have the opportunity to have friends that travel a lot and what I consider really interesting is the way we keep in touch. For this reason, my friends know that if they look up for me, they will find me. Skype, email, Facebook, Whatssapp, Linkedin, any social media is good enough.
One of the most important things related to Networking is the availability, when I have needed information from some people, I like to get answers really soon, and because I like to have this type of fast response, I always, always, always try to do my best and answer really fast too.

Innovación
Innovación
 When I have traveled to Monterrey, if I have some spare time between events, I find the way to visit my former neighbors, the past 2 times I have commited with a friend to go for lunch to catch up, and the second one I visited my Innovation friends and get an invitation to a congress.

 Some of my former students know where my new office is and they had make some time between events to visit my office, or send me messages to meet at some spot in this city. It's very flatering to know they remember you and that they get some minutes to catch up.
Aldo
Aldo
Viaje a Xochimilco
Viaje a Xochimilco





Another way to keep in touch with your friends and colleagues is given by the different events and promotional tours we have. The past week I was promoting at the MBA Tour and in my 5 minute break, I identified the stand of a different institution. I went by to say hello, take some pictures, and send greetings to our common contacts. Because of this fast track meeting I got some other invitations to different events at this city, this means more networking.
Jeff
Jeff

So, here come my advice to get better and maintain your Networking:
1.- Make sure you know where to find your friends, and if possible visit them at their working places, a fast hello visit is always well recieved.
2.- If you have more spare time, make plans to have lunch or dinner, the people like to have special attentions from their friends, and also this little things can make you get forward on your personal proyects.
3.- If possible, make arrangements with time, so you won't surprise your friends and the contact will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment