Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Taxi-tures



I had the opportunity to travel abroad on a business trip and take some transportation. I will share with you some networking tips learned from the taxi drivers.
The first one was a Bogota Driver, that take Camila and Me to a business meeting. Both of us were chatting about our activities when Carlos, the driver, ask me if I were from Monterrey.
It take me for surprise that someone else knew where I was from, so I asked. He told me that he lived some years before there and that he was fond to that city. Also he told me that he liked our music and he played the next song in the radio.

The trip ended with us singing in the taxi and thinking about our grilled meat. "Pos como no!".
turibus
The second story was with a Lima Taxi Driver. I organised with a friend to take a city tour and the company offered to pick us up at the hotel. When we where on the taxi, Armando the Lima Driver, ask us where we headed to. Of course neither Claudia nor me knew were we have to go. We taught that the driver should know.
Eventually the driver stops in the middle of a street and ask the first person he see for the place we have to get. This person told him that he was wrong on his way and that he should go to another spot. Claudia and me look at each other, and start to laugh, we both thing that the walker will knew as much as us to where we headed.
We decided to keep on with our driver, because we were really interested on what was going on. Our driver asked to 3 more people and then decided to call the company, at the end we get there on time.
So I share some recommendations related:
1.- If you recognize the accent of a person, ask about its origins, what he misses, the food, the people. You will get an interesting conversation. If you do not recognize the accent, then ask about where he comes from and also you will have an interesting conversation.
2.- If you have the chance to share what you know from other countries do it the people will thank your attentions.
3.- If you can amuse your clients, have some fun, Claudia and me keep on the taxi because the interactions between our driver and the people on the streets was really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment